Tuesday 7 February 2012

Tuesday Tit-Bits with Author of the week............GEORGIA FOX

Good morning everyone and welcome to Kook's Nook on a snowy and cold day.  We are celebrating today with birthday cake as it is my son Edward's 3rd birthday.    Not only that but we are also celebrating 60years since the accession of HM Queen Elizabeth II.  A once in a lifetime occasion.

Today in the Nook, I am joined by Evernight Publishing Author, the most sexy and gorgeous GEORGIA FOX.

So please get all snuggly and warm, grab a mug of tea/coffee/chocolate, and enjoy my converstation.  Lets hope her steamy chat will warm you all up!

What inspires you, is it romance, sex, or humour?

A bit of both! I have to have humor in my characters and I LOVE a man with a sense of humor. Especially one who also laughs at MY jokes LOL



I know that there are books that stick out in your mind, could you share with us one of them and why please

"Olga da Polga" by Michael Bond (who also wrote the Paddington Bear stories, of course). I read it when I was about 8 and its about a guinea pig's adventures. I have wanted a guinea pig ever since and never had one! That was the first book I ever read, where I was saddened when I finished and I immediately wanted to go back and read it again. I suppose that was when I realized how important stories were and how they could make you actually feel something. I still have a copy of that book.

How do you write, is it in silence or surrounded by chaos?

Semi-silence. I write my best work early in the morning and there's often snoring somewhere in the house. Occasionally I'll write with music on, but that can be distracting.

Is there a particular genre you have always wanted to write, but find it difficult to?

I have a literary fiction manuscript that I would love to get published one day. It is the first book I ever completed and it actually had an agent for 18 months, but she was unable to sell it for me, so currently it's still waiting to leap out on the world. I hope one day it gets its chance. When I was a teenager I wrote sci-fi and horror, but I couldn't write that now. I love writing erotic romance! Love it!

Do you have any tips for aspiring authors who are having trouble with their work in progress?

If its stalling, don't push it. Set it aside and free your mind by writing something new. For me, the best thing is a little exercise I call "So what?" I have to write a conversation between two brand new characters that starts off with one of them asking that question. I've created some of my favorite character with that exercise. I often start a book by writing a series of scenes between my lead characters (not necessarily in story order). It's my way of seeing how they play together and whether there is chemistry.

Of course the big question, who would you love to bring you, your first drink of the day?

Paolo Maldini - Italian soccer star. And Henry Cavill - actor.

APART (note I said APART) from chocolate, what do you munch on when you write?

Nuts. I love cashews.

Any particular film or book you pick up and read/watch time after time?

I read Pride and Prejudice once a year - every summer. It's like my summer vacation! I also read "Rebecca" a lot and I love the old black and white movie of it with Laurence Olivier. I also adore "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane". I love black and white, classic movies. Nothing better than that when its raining out and you have a day off work to snuggle on the sofa.

Of course, for all our women out there, do you have a preference for hairy men or smooth men with tonnes of tattoos?

I'm not a fan of tats. A few would be ok. As for hair, I think I'm somewhere in the middle. A man who waxes would be a turn-off to me, because it would suggest - whether true or not - that he spends too much time thinking about his appearance. I'm not into the whole "metro-sexual" man look - the feminization of men. I like my men raw LOL

Do you feel that the Nice guy sometimes has a raw deal, and that the bad boy tends to get the gal most of the time?

In real life or in books? I think the bad boy, like the bad girl, gets his share of fun, but when push comes to shove most good girls end up with good guys. Besides, we all know that behind every bad boy and girl there is a good one screaming to get out. And vice versa!

Do you have a recipe you could share with us at all?

Sure - I'm not much of a cook so I keep it simple! Georgia's pasta - Put water to boil. Shred or chop fontina cheese. Halve cherry tomatos. Squeeze fresh lemon juice. When water boils add penne pasta and cook. When pasta is al-dente, drain. Toss with olive oil, seasoning, garlic, lemon juice. Toss in cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil. Voila! (oh and you can add those little hot red pepper flakes too if you wish!) Easy peasy.


Now for the teaser. Do you have a tantalising glimpse of a novel for us to mouthwater over?



The Wagered Wench - Book 5 in The Conquerors series - is my new release. Here's the blurb -

As her father's only child, Elsinora must take a husband to help her run the manor of Lyndower. Although capable of managing the place herself, no one trusts a woman to lead. She can be a wife and mother, nothing more. But she's determined to choose the man for herself and she has just the one in mind—handsome, clever, chivalrous and kind-hearted.

She hasn't met him yet, but he's out there. Somewhere.

However, when her father returns home drunk one evening after a game of tavern dice, Elsinora soon discovers that sobering him up is not her only problem this time. The scarred Norman beast with the crude manners and insulting tongue—the one who brought her father home slung over the rump of his horse, has won not only the manor of Lyndower as his prize after a night of gambling. He's also won Elsinora.


Thanks for having me here!

Georgia it has been an absolute pleasure.  Of course with you in those heels, wow! 

So ladies, for more info on Georgia, follow her on Facebook, or twitter. 

Wishing my son a very happy birthday today.

Next Tuesday is as you all know Valentines day, and so in honour of such a romantic day, we will have a special story written for the Nook by a very good friend of mine......also it is my darling daughter Amy's birthday.

Until then ladies and gents......have fun, dont do anything I wouldnt, but above all KEEP IT KOOKY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


2 comments: